About MIRA - IR Award
MALAYSIA INVESTOR RELATIONS (IR) AWARDS 2021
The Investor Relations Awards 2021 (IR Awards) is the largest annual event in the Malaysian Investor Relations Association (MIRA)'s calendar. For the eleventh-consecutive year, MIRA is proud to host the IR Awards, which marks the culmination of a dedicated initiative by the Association in advancing and promoting good IR practices among listed entities in Malaysia.
Objectives of the IR Awards
- To recognise and celebrate the achievements of top IR performers from the Malaysian listed entities through a comprehensive, independent IR Survey and poll of all relevant buy-side and sell-side firms investing in or covering Malaysian equities
- To promote good corporate governance, advocating greater transparency and timely, fair disclosure which will ultimately enhance shareholder value for all companies
- To highlight to other public-listed companies and IR practitioners the exemplary IR practices that they might seek to emulate
- To recognise the diversity in IR activities and practices which will eventually help boost the standards of IR in these areas
- To raise the bar for excellence in IR so that the IR function will be regarded as an essential part of corporate DNA
Overview of the Annual Malaysian IR Survey
In partnership with KPMG Management & Risk Consulting Sdn Bhd, the awards will be presented as a result of a survey undertaken between 11th June 2021 to 31st August 2021 focusing on evaluating and rating the IR-related activities conducted by Malaysian companies and corporate individuals/professionals covering the period between the end of polling in 2020 and 2021.
For this year's Awards, in addition to assessing the established criteria, while vaccines role out being in place to address the pandemic and the local economy expected to pick up gradually, the survey will also factor in how companies have been navigating around the crisis while setting strategies and direction in rebuilding their businesses. This is where communicating these information are key to demonstrating effective Investor Relations. The award recipients are scored based on a 60:40 weightage system split between stakeholders voting and diagnostic assessments respectively, involving a series of qualitative and quantitative indicators. In addition, to keep up with current developments, the number of Award categories have been revised to 8 categories.
8 categories are polled: -
- Best Company for IR - Large, Mid, Small & Micro
- Best CEO for IR - Large, Mid, Small & Micro
- Best CFO for IR - Large, Mid, Small & Micro
- Best IR Professional - Large, Mid, Small & Micro
- Best IR Website - Large, Mid, Small & Micro
- Best IR for an IPO in 2020
- Best Innovation and Use of Technology for Investor Relations
- Best Quality of Annual Reports / Formal Disclosure
The Survey approach is based on:
- A carefully compiled, yet simple questionnaire to help elicit as high response levels as possible.
- An Online questionnaires link is sent to relevant buy - side and sell side firms to ensure valid coverage and opportunity for participants
- Highly targeted potential respondent listings - Responses are only accepted from legitimate investment professionals at brokerage firms/asset managers.
- Provision of final results, based on verified, weighted responses, to give validity to the findings, and to give greater value to votes from the more influential buy-side and sell-side institutions.
Legitimate investment professionals and Analysts covering stocks in Bursa Malaysia were invited to take part in the survey.
Each voter will only be allowed to vote once, and it will be allowable for any voter to give partial response only (i.e. they do not have to complete every part of the question categories in order for their nominations to be accepted). When voting, they will be encouraged to submit multiple nominations, scoring firms/individuals in ranking order based on overall quality of knowledge, service and interaction.
Once nominations have been received, checked and verified, at the close of the poll, calculation and compilation of results will be done. All nominations in each category will be treated separately, and used only to form the result for that category. The nominations will then be tabulated by KPMG for further diagnostic assessments to determine the ultimate winners. There will not be any aggregation of nominations across various categories. Separate rankings and results for companies and individuals are collected for the following classification: -
- Large Cap - 30 largest companies in FBM KLCI*
- Mid Cap - Next 70 largest companies in FBM 70*
- Small Cap - Companies after FBM 70 constituents, with market capitalisation of RM200 million and above
- Micro Cap - Companies with market capitalisation of below RM200 million
* The companies in the Survey were benchmarked on FBM Indices (i.e. FTSE Bursa Malaysia Indices - see https://www.bursamalaysia.com/trade/our_products_services/indices/bursa_malaysia_index_series
Note: The classification of the categories in which to place companies for the purpose of IR Awards Survey 2021 were based on the market capitalisation of the companies as at 31 December 2020.
*For more information on the Scoring Guide, please click HERE
All results are final and no correspondences will be entertained.
- Traditionally, VIPs invited to the physical Awards ceremony include the Chairman of Securities Commission, Chairman of Bursa Malaysia and Chief Executive Officer of Bursa Malaysia.
- Should it be a virtual event, the current Chairman of Bursa Malaysia, Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Omar and Chief Executive Officer of Bursa Malaysia, Datuk Muhamad Umar Swift, as well as the Chairman of MIRA will be invited to record their congratulatory messages.
Chairman of Bursa Malaysia Keynote Address
CEO of Bursa Malaysia Opening Speech
MIRA Board of Director Welcome Remarks
IR Awards 2021 - Supplementary Report by KPMG
Malaysia IR Survey Results 2021
Press and News