About MIRA - IR Award
MALAYSIA INVESTOR RELATIONS (IR) AWARDS 2019
The Investor Relations Awards 2019 (IR Awards) is the largest annual event in the Malaysian Investor Relations Association (MIRA)'s calendar. For the ninth-consecutive year, MIRA is proud to host the IR Awards, which marks the culmination of a dedicated initiative by the Association in advancing and promoting good IR practices among listed entities in Malaysia. The awards was presented on Wednesday, 30th October 2019 at Level 1, Ballrooms 1 & 2, Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
Objectives of the IR Awards
- To recognise and celebrate the achievements of top IR performers from the Malaysian listed entities through a comprehensive, independent IR Survey and poll of all relevant buy-side and sell-side firms investing in or covering Malaysian equities
- To promote good corporate governance, advocating greater transparency and timely, fair disclosure which will ultimately enhance shareholder value for all companies
- To highlight to other public-listed companies and IR practitioners the exemplary IR practices that they might seek to emulate
- To recognise the diversity in IR activities and practices which will eventually help boost the standards of IR in these areas
- To raise the bar for excellence in IR so that the IR function will be regarded as an essential part of corporate DNA
Overview of the Annual Malaysian IR Survey
In partnership with KPMG Management & Risk Consulting Sdn Bhd, the awards were presented as a result of a survey undertaken between June to August 2019 focusing on evaluating and rating the IR-related activities conducted by Malaysian companies and corporate individuals/professionals in 2018.
With KPMG's involvement in this year's Awards, besides the criteria stipulated provided, top companies were also screened through a series of qualitative & quantitative on relevant categories.
The Survey approach is based on:
- A carefully compiled, yet simple questionnaire to help elicit as high response levels as possible.
- An Online questionnaires link is sent to relevant buy - side and sell side firms to ensure valid coverage and opportunity for participants
- Highly targeted potential respondent listings - Responses are only accepted from legitimate investment professionals at brokerage firms/asset managers.
- Provision of final results, based on verified, weighted responses, to give validity to the findings, and to give greater value to votes from the more influential buy-side and sell-side institutions.
Over 1500 legitimate investment professionals covering stocks in Bursa Malaysia were invited to take part in the survey.
Each voter will only be allowed to vote once, and it will be allowable for any voter to give partial response only (i.e. they do not have to complete every part of the question categories in order for their nominations to be accepted). When voting they will be encouraged to submit multiple nominations, scoring firms/individuals in ranking order based on overall quality of knowledge, service and interaction.
Once nominations have been received, checked and verified, at the close of the poll, calculation and compilation of results will be done. All nominations in each category will be treated separately, and used only to form the result for that category. There will not be any aggregation of nominations across various categories. Separate rankings and results for companies and individuals are collected for the following categories: -
- Large Cap - 30 largest companies in FBM KLCI*
- Mid Cap - Next 70 largest companies in FBM 70*
- Small Cap - Companies after FBM 70 constituents, with market capitalisation of RM200 million and above
- Micro Cap - Companies with market capitalisation of below RM200 million
* The companies in the Survey were benchmarked on FBM Indices (i.e. FTSE Bursa Malaysia Indices - see http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/products-services/indices/ftse-bursa-malaysia-indices/overview/
Note: The classification of the categories in which to place companies for the purpose of IR Awards Survey 2019 were based on the market capitalisation of the companies as at 31 December 2018.
*For more information on the voting guide, please click HERE
- VIPs in attendance - Finance Minister - Yang Berhormat Tuan Lim Guan Eng, Chairman of Bursa Malaysia - Datuk Shireen Ann Zaharah Muhiudeen, and Chief Executive Officer of Bursa Malaysia Berhad - Datuk Muhamad Umar Swift
- 434 nominees in 25 different award categories
- More than 400 representatives from the Malaysian IR community and listed entities attended the Awards Ceremony
KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY YB LIM GUAN ENG, MINISTER OF FINANCE, MALAYSIA
The Investor Relations Awards 2019 Supplement
Malaysia IR Survey Results 2018/2019
Congratulatory Ad To All Winners
Press and News